Monday, February 15, 2021

The devil's in the details... (is he really that small, though?)

Spent the last weeks writing rules and preparing each game mode with music, sound effects and overall flow of the game. It's getting quite complex (as it should be) considering the development time on the machine, hehe. Since I don't have room for more than one pin, I guess it won't hurt having a deep rule set either. Doing my best to stay true to the game(s) while having a bit of artistic freedom with each event, I think I've got a good chunk of fun and must-have elements in there. We shall see.  

I've corrected a couple of wrongfully connected switches and finally bit the bullet and replaced a couple of older cables for the targetbank that I left with the wrong wire colors - as I obviously connected them wrong anyway. All good now, though! 

I've also added a few more decorations and touch ups on the playfield - without further ado:

1) Mask for the Quadtych. The area was missing something and once the mask was in 
place the whole area did, as Sander Cohen said, come together.
 

2) Spinner "topper". There's a few iconic places in Rapture, so it 
felt nice to have them presented on the playfield as well. 

3) Party mask for the New Year's Eve ...ahem.. party. 

4) The "hidden" doll lane has been upgraded with a physical doll figurine. It's adorable. 
Might get a proper one for my kids, haha. 

5) Although not necessarily in the "correct" spot, the lower right area felt a bit bare - until now. 
The original plan was to have this cage around the center VUK, but it looks crowded enough already. 

 

So, all in all - things are moving along and unless - epic ninjas forbid - connecting the solenoids mess something up, I'm looking at a fully playable machine in the very near future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment