Friday, February 19, 2021

Daily motivation!

 

1) Steinman got his sign back! (I misplaced it two years ago... :') ) 


2) I really like this corner. The two-way quadtych-switch is pretty cool. 
Although I am toying with the idea of making it open/close via servo... 



3) Got the new ball through in place, although I'm still waiting for my new soldering iron.
But switches tested and works fine.  



4) Someone asked me why pinball machines are so big... Thing is - the playfield is pretty much
the same size under the board as above, so there's not a whole lot of empty space inside actually. 




5) The plasmid saucer. I have not settled on the final behaviour yet, since it depends
on how hard it is to "backhand" the ball into this corner. But we'll see.  



6) Originally a captive ball, then thought to be a ball lock - and now "just" a lane. 
Kill your darlings, they say. Anyhow - it's a tricky shot so it should feel quite nice when hit. 



7) The upper playfield as it stands today. Looks pretty good, imho! 




8) A full overview of the playfield 2021.

I set out to make it look commercially made, and I believe I've
accomplished that as far as the playfield goes. Just need to make
sure the gameplay and rules are up to par!  

I really like that I've been able to make the whole 'miniature wonderland'-feeling
I wanted from a pinball. I've always enjoyed miniatures and the glimpse into another world
you can achieve with them. Can't wait until I get to play the first actual game! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment