Sunday, March 14, 2021

Here Be There Pixels...

 Been working a bit on the maintenance menues and the part from boot to attract mode lately. 

Not complete, but feels pretty good so far and having a proper maintenance mode is crucial. Before coding the first one (a few years ago) I thought that perhaps I wouldn't need it for a home pinball... But boy, has it helped. So I'm spending some extra "bucks" getting the newest iteration up to par with a commercial machine incl trough test, standard and feature adjustments etc. 

Behold the "slightly washed out due to sun reflections"-images below!









The icons above are created by first designing them in Pixel Art Studio (free version) and then converting to regular C arrays using Google Sheets. 






It's a few extra steps, but since there won't be a lot of them it goes really fast to "trace" them manually. Took about an hour to get the 19 icons I have converted to C. 

The good thing about Pixel Art Studio is that I get the exact pixel coordinate for each pixel, so I can do mockups of entire scenes and get the layout exactly right when recreated using various draw calls and texts. 

Good times! 

(Oh, and I broke my start button. So I need to fix it/order a new one... )

No comments:

Post a Comment