Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Interior decorating

I've also created the final cable that will handle flipper buttons, coin and start-button + various lights in the front of the machine. The cable runs in a cable "chute" to keep it tidy inside the box.

Its's by far the most complicated cable I've done, with 7 inputs, 1 output, +3.3V, +5V and +12V running in one cable. It was very important to plan ahead since I wanted the cable to be as neat as possible while still packing all the components I needed.

The best thing is that everything worked on the first attempt. I guess planning ahead really makes a difference. The coin mechanism is now correctly connected to accept swedish 1, 5 and 10 kronor and it's nice to know that it all just works!

I think it turned out great!

1) Front interior. Lockdown bar, flipper buttons, cable "chutes" and the coin-mechanism. There's also LED lights installed to keep the coin-return buttons lit.

Note that I have not installed a coin validator in both slots, nor do I intend to. There's two coin entries simply because I didn't find a reasonably priced coin door with only one entry.
I intend to simply return the coin to the coin-return if the wrong one is used, or possibly replacing the door completely further on.

No comments:

Post a Comment