Monday, April 20, 2020

A Ferrari-style pit stop!

Got around to do a little tinker on the board the other day!

* audience cheers *

First - had to recreate the development environment on my laptop. Took a little while, but well worth it in the end. And, naturally, the SD card for audio (and the reader) had given up and didn't work. (...sigh).  A purchase of a new reader and a format later solved that. No big deal. But annoying.




Still a bit of wiring to do, but slowly getting there!
Switches, flashers and global illumination is now done, and with a little luck I'm done with the playfield lights in the coming days (or so).



I knew about this before, but I may have to increase voltage for the lights. Currently 5V is a bit on the low side, as lights are quite dim. To avoid using a lot of constant power I also duty cycle the GI, so I figure 12V would be ideal here.

Luckily; there's not a whole lot that needs to be done - either cut the 5V traces and connect the existing 12V line, or move the drive cables to a 12V port on the board. This can be done "any time" so if the board feels too dim during actual play I'll adjust accordingly. :)

Stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment