Thursday, February 16, 2017

Pesebee Rev A!

I've tried and tested all (I think) variations of the planned circuits, and they seem to work perfectly. So I've gone and started with the PCB layout.

1) Simple "everything at once" picture. This is 100% autorouted, so it's not the most aesthetically pleasing routing,
and I'll probably try to route at least the output elements before letting the autorouter fill in the gaps.
I think that the 48V traces needs to be bigger as well, at the moment they're 2.54mm wide.  

2) Since all my sub-boards (Chipkit, SD card, WAV Trigger) are red - and it's a nice color - I'll most likely go with red.
This is taken from another stage in development, so it doesn't match up with the drawing above.

I'm not entirely satisfied with this, and I missed a few items.  It's 23x14 cm large at the moment and probably needs to grow a little to accommodate the larger 48V traces.

So there's probably a few more revisions until I send it to DirtyPCB's for manufacturing. The Diptrace license I got was 500 pins, so it doesn't give me a whole lot of wiggle room - but I'm not complaining; Diptrace is an excellent software and pretty user friendly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment