Turns out I did a little sloppy coding that overrode the later functions...Whoops.
All fixed now thou!
I've also replaced the switch in the center VUK to one that should be more robust. The downside is that it can only detect if a ball is entering the VUK, not if there's a ball in the VUK. This shouldn't be a problem if the VUK functions normally and if it doesn't - the ball search will eject the ball anyway.
While working continuously on the machine it's somehow second nature, but being away from the hardware a while really gives you respect for the amount of wiring and work that has gone into the machine. When time comes to do hardware maintenance it's really a case of inventing the wheel once again. And this is despite all my attempts to keep everything neat and organized / documented.
Just a reminder of what it looks like under the hood...
|1) Oh, the joy of troubleshooting this... I still don't know why the magnet works now and why it didn't a while ago. I just close my eyes and pray that it works every time I've tinkered with the playfield.|
...which is somewhat forgotten when the hood is closed.
It's a beaut', ain't it! ;)