Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The power of Jalapeños!

I'm finally finished with the lightboard! <insert fanfare here>

And guess what?
ALL ports are fully functional! <insert epic rock music here>

Let me repeat that -
All ports work, each and every one of them.
That's nothing short of a miracle!

After a couple of months I've finally recreated the "blink" tutorial (...)

1) The finished lightboard up and running! Around 940 solder points later...
The MOSFET's are n-channel so I can apply any voltage needed (0-60V @ 30A) for that particular port without affecting the others. 
As you can see, there's no Chipkit in the image. I usually prototype new classes and boards on the Arduino first, since the Arduino is actually a lot faster during upload and is also separate from the motherboard, which should be handy in case something goes wrong.

Now I'll just have to finish writing the lighting routine so I can hook this guy up to the motherboard!
Awesome!

2 comments: