Thursday, August 23, 2012

SD card library ... revisited!

For some reason the SD card library seem to ignore all my requests for unbuffered reads (or maybe the SD card I'm using doesn't normally allow this?) so yesterday I took the liberty of further customizing it to read into my own buffer directly, instead of first reading to an internal buffer and then copying the information byte-by-byte into the destination buffer.

I believe this bypassed a lot of the delay in the SD card reading, but I have not yet confirmed this with any actual numbers - but at the very least it certainly runs faster now. By the looks of the new animation speed, I'm figuring it's close to 40-45 FPS streaming video now instead of the previous 30-35 FPS.

I hope this can be further improved even though it's more than acceptable at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment