Saturday, February 18, 2017

Easy Peasebee.


This one feels pretty much "there", actually.
Just some minor tweaks and a good walkthrough of all pins and connections (and a final testing of each circuit again) - then I'll be ready for ordering!

1) My first PCB ever manufactured! Or designed, rather. Measuring in at 26x15 cm it's more or less the size of two experiment PCB's. Only this time everything fits on one card. 

2) Flip side. Since I'm not perfect I've designed all Chipkit pins to be accessible while it's attached. I've also added a
couple of "experiment" areas for IC's and additional things I may have forgotten or in case I add, stuff breaks etc.
The pads on the ATX connectors that are slightly smaller are unconnected, but I'll solder 'em on for support.

I think it turned out rather nicely actually. Pretty proud if I may say so. Let's just hope it works! ;)
Also... routing by hand beats automatic routing in aesthetics every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment