Just posting a quick update today.
I've started to finalize cabling and replacing too long wires, color coding wires etc. That should help tremendously while debugging and/or servicing the board. Besides this I've started to wire up the servo and motor connections with their custom cables.
I'm also doing an updated version of the I/O layout of the board since the old layout got its walking stick rather quickly. The great thing is that this step is crucial when designing a PCB, so when the time comes it should basically just be a matter of placing the components in the drawing since the pin mapping is already made.
|1) Near completed motherboard. The tape retaining the lightboard is not the final version. I'll probably use red tape instead...|
Just a few more hours work and the motherboard should be complete!
Unless I've misplaced a wire. Or worse.