Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thumbs of War

Got a little feedback from the woodshop today.
It turns out they are really busy doing 'regular work' but have gotten a little on and off programming done on my playfield. Hopefully they'll be able to finalize it during the next week.
Better late than never, I guess.

And...
My thumb has been busy being stitched up today. I got a bit carried away during some knifing and put the blade right into my thumb and effectively split my thumb in two. Shortly after the picture was taken the two skin-halves of the thumb slid apart and revealed ... something. Nasty.

1) Do not confuse the rather clean image above with how it actually looked. There was a LOT of blood and in the picture they had just taken of the bandage and cleaned up the thumb before actually stitching. I had to take a picture for the blog before letting them fix me, of course! A similar turn of events can be found here.
I guess I should be grateful that it was just a knife - not a electric saw or any other powertool...

Anyhow:
Lesson learned - again. Always cut AWAY from your body, no matter how little you're going to cut or whatever.

2) Update 2012-03-06, mostly healed up! It's more clear in this picture where the thumb was split. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. ouch! Hope your ok as you can be with half your thumb falling off.

    ReplyDelete